Hey Suiters! Done with applying G Suite promotional codes and coupons??? Happy Now??? But don’t know how to use G Suite account. Don’t worry. Because in this article, I am going to discuss various Tips and Tricks from the G Suite product which you need to know about.
1. ORGANIZING WITH GMAIL LABELS
You can categories various emails and messages for easy prioritization by organizing with Email labels.
But why is this so important? In the corporate world, if you are looking for an urgent or very important email from your boss, it is necessary to categories valuable email using labels like Important, Contact or Newsletter.
If you do not know how to label, it works as folders but you can apply as many as you want to each message.
Following are the steps required to create a label:
1. To create a new label, click ‘more’ on the left side of your inbox, then select Create New Label.
2. Apply your new label by selecting the checkbox next to a message, clicking the Labels Icon and choosing one or more labels from the list.
3. To see all messages with a particular label, click its name on the left side of your inbox.
Find useful??? Then why are you waiting for? Go and share these instructions with your team.
2. MANAGE WORK AND PLAY WITH GOOGLE CALENDAR
- To make your scheduled list efficiently which would be different from your regular calendar program, you need to be creative. Nowadays, it is very hard to keep records of everything especially track of all promises which we had kept with someone else.
But we kept using traditional calendars which didn’t even synchronize automatically. But in G Suite account, you can create one calendar for meeting and deadlines, another for personal things and check-ups. Then can overlay them to balance work and life.
Now you are thinking, “Ok fine with this benefits. But how to create such a fabulous thing”. For that please follow the below instructions:
1. Click the drop-down arrow next to ‘My Calendars’ on the left-hand side of your Google calendar, then select Create New Calendar.
2. Name your calendar and choose your sharing setting and then click Create Calendar.
3. When you create an event, add it to the relevant by selecting its name from the drop-down menu.
4. To overlay different calendars, select them under My Calendars on the left-hand side of the page.
3. EDIT AND SHARE OFFICE FILES WITH GOOGLE DRIVE–NO SOFTWARE NECESSARY
- In a classic Google account, if you upload documents like MS Word or Excel files into Google Drive and under certain circumstances, if we need to change these documents, we have to first download it and then need to open it using another software like MS OFFICE.
After converting into G Suite account, Google has minimized our efforts. The user can open and even edit Microsoft Word, Excel or PowerPoint files on any device with even using Office software.
When you upload them to Google drive (In G Suite Business account), you can work on them without downloading it with team members in real time. If you are having a question about its file size consideration, then you don’t need to email large documents back and forth. You can edit a large document as well.
Read the following instructions:
1. From the chrome web store, download the chrome extension for editing office files with Docs, sheet, and Slides.
2. In Google Drive, click the New button in the top left-hand corner and choose File Upload, then select an office file on your hard drive.
3. To open and edit the office file in word, excel or PowerPoint format, locate it in Google Drive and double-click its file name.
4. GET YOUR TEAM ON THE SAME PAGE WITH GOOGLE DOCS
- You know in Social Network’s messengers like Facebook, Whatsapp, etc., you can see other person’s typing signal in your account. The Same concept applies here.
By implementing this method, you can share everyone’s idea by working in Google Docs with team members, partners or clients. Not even this, you can see changes as they’re typed, comment on a specific area and flip through your revision history.
Sounds interesting??? You see, you can never miss any great suggestions that everything happens online. Therefore, you don’t have to be in the same room.
Follows the below instructions:
1. In Google Drive, click New in the top left-hand corner and select Google Docs
2. To give privileges for accessing the documents, Click share in the Top right-hand corner and enter one or more email addresses.
3. To tracks edits made by fellow collaborators and restore an older version of your documents, select See revision history from the File menu.
5. CONVERT EXCEL FILES FOR REAL-TIME TEAMWORK WITH GOOGLE SHEETS
- Is this real??? Can I imports Excel files even in Google Sheets??? Yes, you can. But why is this so important? Couldn’t it possible to open Excel files in the MS office directly??? Yes definitely.
But in classic Google account, things would get time-consuming because of another software involvement. Upload Excel files to Google Drive, convert them to Google spreadsheets and share them with others and edit them online.
See, it’s very easy and avoids time consumption too much.
1. In Google Drive, click the Setting icon in the top right-hand corner of the page and select Settings> Convert Uploads.
2. Click the New button at the left of the page and select File Upload, then navigate to your Excel file.
3. To start working with team members in real time, open the file and click the Share button in the top right-hand corner, then invite as many as you want to view, comment or edit.
6. GET THEIR ATTENTION WITH PRESENTATIONS CREATED IN GOOGLE SLIDES
- Running out of ideas and templates for the Presentations? With the help of G Suites, you can avail simple template from their template gallery.
You can work with your team members in real time to build persuasive pitch decks in Google Slides, then present them to your clients from any device.
By implementing this, you can make the whole process even simpler by getting everyone into the habit of using a simple template.
1. Open the Template gallery and choose a template.
2. Start crafting your presentation by adding videos, images, quotes, diagrams and more, then click Share in the top right-hand corner of the page to grant access to team members.
3. When you’re ready to present, click the Present button in the top right-hand corner or launch your presentation using the Google Slides app for Androids.
7. SURVEY CUSTOMERS WITH GOOGLE FORMS, DESIGNED FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ONLINE
- You know about ‘Contact Us’ section right at the bottom of the page of any website? Like that you can create and publish an online form and even you can collect, analyze various responses.
Here, it is same as feedback concept but in this method, you would get feedback from your customer quickly and very easily.
Instead of creating contact us form, you can create survey Google forms which enable users to write their user experience very easily.
The main advantage of using Google forms, responses are saved automatically so that you can analyze and share them in real time.
Please follow the below steps:
1. In Google Drive, click the New button in the top left-hand corner and click on More. Then you will find Google Forms.
2. Enter a question in formats such as multiple choice and boxes to tick, then click Done to create a shareable link for emailing to customers or posting on your website.
3. Once your survey is live, track responses in real time by clicking the Responses menu at the top of your survey and selecting Summary of Responses.
8. BUILD STRONGER TEAMS THROUGH FACE-TO-FACE VIDEO MEETINGS WITH HANGOUTS
- We are so familiar with Google’s Hangout, but can we able to use it in business work??? Yes, you can!
Don’t want to move from your chair for scheduled meeting??? Hangout is there for you. In the business works or in simple words, in the corporate world, there are lots of meetings happening every day and people have to move from one point of their area of work into another.
Hence, using Google’s Hangout, you can have met with up to 15 people on your computer, phone or even in tablets.
This meeting would be in the form of Video calling. Hence, you can see all of the teams’ facial reactions and expressions with the help of video meeting.
Thanks to Google, Hangout is now a part of your G Suite subscription.
1. In Gmail, click Hangouts icon in the bottom left-hand corner to make your contact list appears.
2. Click the Find people to chat icon, then tick the boxes next to the names of one or more guests.
3. Click Video Call to start your video meetings.
That’s a pretty lengthy article. But if you find any of it useful, please do comments and share your views in the comment section below.
Subscribe us down below and be part of G Suite family…
And suggestions are always welcome!!!